Are you aged between 16 and 30?
Would you like to have a voice in planning our city's future?
If so, we are looking for young Sydneysiders to join our Greater Sydney Commission Youth Panel.
The aim of the Panel will be to provide insights on strategic planning issues affecting young people across Greater Sydney and provide advice and support to the Commission and Commissioners when engaging young people in Commission activities.
Our Chief Commissioner, Lucy Turnbull, says that with so much of the Commission’s work focused on planning Greater Sydney’s future it’s critical to involve the young people who will live, work and play within it.
“We want to hear more first-hand about the local strategic planning issues that affect young people, from access to great places and public transport, to the environment,“ she said.
We will be appointing one youth representative for each of the five districts; Eastern City, Western City, Central City, North and South.
Do you qualify?
- Age – applicants must be at least 16 years of age and no older than 30 upon application.
- Location – applicants must live in Greater Sydney and intend to continue residing within their District for the next two years.
- Experience/expertise – applicants will be selected based on their experience in strategic planning and/or engaging with young people.
What do you have to do?
- The Youth Panel will meet three times a year. The chair of the Youth Panel will attend Strategic Planning Committee meetings which are held six times a year.
How do you apply?
- Youth Panel members will be paid a daily rate of $700 for each meeting.
Applications close midnight Sunday 10 March 2019.
Related News & Media
Media Release | Call for young voices to help shape Greater Sydney’s future