Review of the Planning Framework for the Western Harbour Precinct including the Pyrmont Peninsula
The Minister for Planning and Public Spaces has requested the Greater Sydney Commission review the effectiveness of the planning framework to deliver the Government's vision for the Western Harbour Precinct and Pyrmont Peninsula, as the western gateway of Sydney's CBD. The Terms of Reference can be found below.
The planning framework that currently applies to the review area includes (but is not limited to):
- Greater Sydney Region Plan
- Eastern City District Plan
- Sydney Regional Environmental Plan No.26 - City West (SREP 26)
- Sydney Regional Environmental Plan (Sydney Harbour Catchment) 2005
- Darling Harbour Development Plan No. 1 - Darling Harbour
- Sydney Local Environmental Plan 2012
- Sydney Development Control Plan 2012
The Review area
The review area extends from the Pyrmont Peninsula in the north, south to Broadway, east to Darling Harbour and Goods Line, and west to Wentworth Park. This reflects the Eastern City District Plan and the initial planning framework for Pyrmont documented in the Sydney Regional Environmental Plan No.26 - City West and includes the residential neighbourhoods of the peninsula.
Download a large version of the Pyrmont Review Area Boundary Map (PDF 2.5MB)
Submissions for the Pyrmont Planning Review are now closed.
Related News & Media