- local context including:
- the basis for strategic planning in the area, having regard to economic, social and environmental matters,
- the planning priorities for the area from any applicable community strategic plan under section 402 of the Local Government Act 1993 subject to any such strategic plan
- relevant areas of State, regional and district significance, including growth areas and planned precincts identified in the district plan
- impediments to giving effect to district plan
- conclusions including
- findings of the review
- recommendations for local strategic planning priorities to inform local strategic planning statements and local environmental plan updates.
It is intended that the output of this review will clearly identify each council’s priorities in giving effect to the district plans and where the strategic planning includes key inputs for state agencies.
The Commission and the NSW Department of Planning and Environment will support councils in the preparation of these reviews through a series of technical workshops which will incorporate the input of councils on the implementation of local strategic planning statements and other plans and policies. This will also include guidance on the housing demand that will inform the development of 6–10 year housing targets.