Next Grants round
The Metropolitan Greenspace Program will be announced in 2018.
The Commission suggests that Councils continue to make draft budget provisions for the 2018-2019 financial year for their MGP projects and proceed with their preliminary investigation of potential projects aligned with the Green Grid Priorities under the recently adopted District Plans. This will allow for councils to prepare for grant applications in 2018 once an official opening of the program is announced by the Minister.
Metropolitan Greenspace Program core objectives
- Improve regionally-significant open space including links between bushland, parks, centres and waterways.
- Enable more effective public use of regionally-significant open space.
- Promote planning and improve access to a diverse mix of open space opportunities for Sydney's community.
- Promote partnership projects between state and local governments, including between different councils.
- Support projects that demonstrate a commitment to the design and future management of open space including improved outcomes for health, sustainability, climate change and the community.
The Metropolitan Greenspace Guidelines for 2016–17 are aligned to the Green Grid in the Regions of Central Coast & Greater Sydney. The guidelines also include an overview of the application process and guidance for council applications.
Progress reporting and acquittal
Councils submit a progress report to support any claims for grant payments.
This should include attached evidence to illustrate completion or progress that allows for the approval of invoices.
Photos are suitable for capital works-based funding. Copies of consultant reports or plans should be attached for design-based funding.
Invoices and progress reports should be sent to email@example.com.
You can download a Word template of the Project Progress Report below.
Previous successful grants
A list of approved grants from 1990 to current is available below.
This information is considered to be true and correct at the date of publication, however changes in circumstances after the time of publication may impact upon the accuracy of the data.
Online grant applications: Information Summary (DOC, 22 KB)
2016–17 Successful Grants Map June 2017 (PDF 22 MB)
2016–17 Successful Grants - Minister’s announcement June 2017 (PDF, 132 KB)
Project Progress Report template July 2016 (DOC, 805 KB)
Metropolitan Greenspace Program Grants as approved for 2015–16 July 2016 (PDF, 226 KB)
Map of Metropolitan Greenspace Program Grants 2015–16 July 2016 (PDF, 3 MB)
Metropolitan Greenspace Program grants 2010–11 to 2015–November 2016 (PDF, 324 KB)
Metropolitan Greenspace Program grants 1990–2009 November 2016 (PDF, 77 KB)
Metropolitan Greenspace Program Grants 2015–16 Map November 2016 (PDF, 3 MB)