The vision for Greater Sydney as a metropolis of three cities - the Western Parkland City, the Central River City and the Eastern Harbour City and a 30 minute city - will see the Eastern City District become more innovative and globally competitive, carving out a greater portion of knowledge-intensive jobs from the Asia Pacific Region. The vision will improve the District's lifestyle and environmental assets.
This will be achieved by:
- Strengthening the international competitiveness of the Harbour CBD, supported by the Innovation Corridor, health and education precincts and the District's strategic centres
- Boosting innovation and creative industries alongside knowledge-intensive jobs growth
- Stimulating the night-time economy within a responsive regulatory environment
- Protecting international trade and freight routes
- Retaining industrial and urban services land
- Nurturing quality lifestyles through well-designed housing in neighbourhoods close to transport and other infrastructure
- Sustaining communities through vibrant public places, walking and cycling, and cultural, artistic and tourism assets
- Aligning growth with infrastructure, including transport, social and green infrastructure, and delivering sustainable, smart and adaptable solutions
- Being innovative in providing recreational and open space areas, and increasing urban tree canopy
- Transitioning to a low-carbon, high-efficiency District through precinct-scale initiatives
- Building effective responses to climate change and natural and urban hazards.